What makes a good logo?
One of the most important marketing tools is an effective logo. It provides an easily recognisable identity for your business or organisation. It not only communicates who you are but what you are. Therefore, every business or organisation contemplating adopting a logo should know the criteria that make for an effective logo.
- The first characteristic of an effective logo is that it has immediate impact. Your logo should catch the viewer's eye and hold the viewer's attention. Consider the logo of Apple Computers; the graphic apple with a stylised bite taken out of it has immediate product and corporate identification with consumers. An effective logo "grabs" attention.
- In addition to impact, a good logo must be good to look at. An effective logo should have the look and feel of "art", if a logo is not appealing to the eye it will defeat its purpose - attracting attention and providing effective identification.
- A good logo must also copy well. In any business or organisation, the use of a logo becomes ubiquitous - it is ever-present on buildings, letterhead, signs, products, promotional items, etc. A good logo will be as effective on a business card as it is on a billboard - small scale and large scale uses. Will the logo still be recognisable printed on the barrel of a ballpoint pen?
- This brings us to the next characteristic of an effective logo, the logo must create or evoke a positive image. “Branding” is a common marketing principle based on product identification growing out of identifying a product with a positive image and a sense of goodwill.
- Another characteristic of a good logo is that it accurately represents the organisation or business. If a company or organisation wants to project a serious, professional image, the logo must look professional. A humorous or whimsical logo would be counterproductive to projecting professionalism.
- The best logos are the most memorable logos. The Apple Computer “Apple” logo and the McDonald's Hamburgers “golden arches” are great logos because they are memorable to the point of being iconic.
- A logo identifies a business or organisation so it would be counterproductive to change it because it did not wear well over time. Companies that have invested vast amounts of money, time, and effort to establish their “brand” do not change it frequently for a reason. Make sure your logo will be “timeless” for the same reason.
- Original designs
- Delivery within 3 days
- Print & web file formats
- No payments until completed
- Stationery Design
- Brochure Design
- Annual Report Design
- Booklet Design
Need Printing?We can sort all your printing needs at very competitive prices.
- Corporate Stationery
…and much more